A fiesta of Blogging, of course!
Specifically, it’s a fiesta weekend devoted to getting all the pesky stuff on one’s blogging “to-do” list done. Most of us, including yours truly, spend our blogging time writing the blog. Maintaining the “behind the scenes” parts tend to take second (sometimes third and fourth) place.
And we all get bitten by the old saying, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”. But just because the blog isn’t exactly “broken” doesn’t mean the place couldn’t use a little sprucing up.
- to spend time that weekend (as much or as little as your schedule allows) working on your blog
- to create a to do list to share on your blog and link up with other participants
- to hopefully participant in several mini challenges and learn something new
- to connect with other participants through blog hopping or twitter
- to make new blogging friends!
- to come away at the end of the three days with a spiffed up blog!
But those of us participating also have to come up with some specific goals we plan to tackle during the Bloggiesta, which is this weekend, March 30, March 31 and April 1. (I hope that April Fool’s Day inclusion does not prove to be prophetic for anyone.)
The great thing about the Bloggiesta is that we will all be able to help each other, and cheer each other on. Blogging is a somewhat lonely occupation. (And yes, I’m stalling so I don’t have to state my goals. I’m getting there, I’m getting there!)
- Finalize the plans for my Blogo-birthday celebration April 4-5!!!!!!
- Fix up my blog’s Facebook page
- Update my review policy page
- Add an advertising policy page
- Check out triberr
- Create a page for collecting my challenge progress
- Add Networked Blogs back to my sidebar
- Check out Mister Linky for WordPress (should the Virtual Nightstand be a meme?)
- Write an advertisement for an associate reviewer
Whew! That’s probably enough of a list. This is going to be fun. Or work disguised as fun. Or fun disguised as work.